Thursday, July 24, 2014

DT Post by Karen - Amazing Holiday Scrapbook Pages!


Hello, crafty friends! This is Karen from Kaleidoscopic Sparkles with a sparkly project to share with you! It's a first for me... a double layout for scrapbooking! :o)

I've had it on my sappy heart to squeeze in some time for preserving special memories. It was hard for me (the challenge of NEW), but I had such a blast and it was fun incorporating Kimberly's goodies into such a large design.

Note: I promise my layouts are both 12x12 and even! I did not realize I had the camera angled. Lesson learned! :o)


My first scrapbooking project is for the memories my sweetheart and I will make this upcoming holiday season, so I was guided by my whimsical side.


This album starts with a wintry backdrop, with the beginning touches of Christmas cheer sprinkled throughout.


My little village scene, comprised of the cafe, two cutie pies, and title, are cut files from Treasure Box Designs. This Cocoa Cafe cut file came with a blank regular sign, which to me means tiny doily fun instead! :o) The "Friendship Warms the Heart" sentiment is from Stamping All Around Christmas. I cut it out and layered with the coordinating Tiny Doilies and Tiny Doilies 2 metal dies. The snow and whipped cream are embossed, but sadly is washed out in the pictures. (We agreed we want to live in this sweet cafe!)


I forgot to take one particular picture! I adhered these photo mats as pockets, with two journaling tags nestled behind them. The 'pulls' for my tags were created with the Ornate Labels metal dies. The stamped border and sentiments are from Ornate Labels-Christmas, as is the heat-embossed scrolling snowflake border.


The other side has a larger mat for an extra special photograph. To pair with the sweetness of the Cocoa Cafe, I fussy-cut lollipops and used one of my favorite of Kimberly's products: the Jar Basics metal dies!


I made a mason jar filled with holiday treats. :o) My sentiment is from Tiny Tags 3, which is cut out with the coordinating Tiny Tags metal dies. I used the same beautiful traditional twine throughout my double layout.

For more pictures and details of my first scrapbooking project, flutter on over to my blog! Thank you for visiting My Craft Spot and I wish you a blessed day! :o)

My Craft Spot supplies used on this project:

  
 Stamping All Around Christmas stamp set

Tiny Doilies and Tiny Doilies 2  metal dies

Tiny Doilies metal dies  Tiny Doilies 2 metal dies

Tiny Tags metal dies

Tiny Tags metal dies

Tiny Tags 3 stamp set

Tiny Tags 3 stamp set

Ornate Labels metal dies

 Ornate Labels metal dies


Ornate Labels - Christmas stamp set

Jar Basics metal dies

Jar Basics metal dies

7 comments:

  1. Wow super cute layout! So much detail! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely spectacular, Karen!! What a gorgeous layout!! All of the details are amazing!! I love every single thing about this!! So fabulous and inspiring and fun!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This is AMAZING and so BEAUTIFUL!!
    Would love for you to join us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful and so creative Karen with lots of gorgeous details x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layout is really beautiful!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GORGEOUS layout Karen!
    Totally speechless...on my way to your blog!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning layout! All of the papers, colors and patterns are so gorgeous! The details and embellishments are over the top! I love your layout, it is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips