Tuesday, July 1, 2014

DT Post by Kate - Happy Canada Day!

 Happy Canada Day 
to all our Canadian crafting friends!

This is Kate from Small Bits of Paper here to share a project I made to celebrate Canada's birthday. For those of you who don't know, the beaver is one of our nation's official emblems so I decided to use this fun image to create a quick shape card.


After assembling the beaver (and embossing the tail), I used some letters from the Small Alphabet metal die set to spell CANADA. I added a few white gel pen dots, and that was it! Such a simple card to put together and yet perfect for Canada Day!


Small Alphabet metal die set
Small Alphabet metal dies

This week, the challenge is "Patriotic" here at My Craft Spot. Even if your country is not celebrating a special occasion this week, please feel free to submit a project demonstrating your own patriotism for your nation!

Happy a fantastic day!

3 comments:

  1. Super cute shaped card Kate! The beaver is beyond adorable and love the embossed tail and sweet little letters along the side! Awesome design my friend!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Happy Canada Day!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips