Thursday, September 25, 2014

DT Post by Karen - Fun shaker card!


Hello, crafty friends! This is Karen from Kaleidoscopic Sparkles with a sweet shaker card to share with you. :o)

A few days ago I posted a card made for a sick little girl named Lily to help her smile through challenging days. As I was contemplating what to do next for her, several colors of Kimberly's sequins were staring me down! I had no choice but to make a shaker for her sweet little hands to play with. :o)


This card began with sequins in sprightly shades of Caribbean, Perfectly Purple, and Tickled Pink... 


...and I want Lily to find joy amidst her dark and cloudy days. So I tucked them within a puffy cloud, which is embossed for texture and lightly inked in blue.

Along with loving purple, she loves Disney. The darling Disney sweetheart is a cut file from Treasure Box Designs (We're All Ears). I dressed her in Lily's favorite color and used Black Licorice Traditional twine for the shoelaces and Mickey balloon string.


Sometimes the simplest sentiments say it all, don't they? :o) Believe is from the Ornate Labels- Christmas stamp set. I used the Ribbon Banners- Wavy metal die set as its base for an extra touch of whimsy and height. The little flowers in the grass were made with the Flowers- Daisy metal die set.


For further details about my card, zip on over to my blog. :o) Thank you for visiting My Craft Spot and I wish you a beautiful day!


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card....love all the fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card this is, Karen!! The shaker in the clouds is so creative and fabulous!! The little girl is so sweet!! What a fun, happy card this is!! I love, love it!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a darling card Karen! The colors, papers and the shaker cloud is so fun! Such a sweet cut file! It is sure to bring a smile to her face!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! Love shaker cards, they are so much FUN!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips