Thursday, November 13, 2014

DT Post by Karen - Stunning Christmas Scene Card!


Hello, crafty friends! This is Karen from Kaleidoscopic Sparkles to share some Christmas cheer. :o)

One of the sweetest ways to deliver festive love is with the new Tiny Tags Christmas stamp set! Tiny Tags are innately adorable and I appreciate that Kimberly included both whimsical and divine sentiments for the season.


As many of you know, most of my projects are donated to a beautiful non-profit to bring sparkly love to those in need of extra love and sunshine. We always dedicate our Christmas collections to children (and their parents) who will be spending the holiday in the hospital. Since they cannot be home, I made a decorated house scene to warm their hearts.


The banner is truly the most important part of the card. This is my Tiny Tag version of the prayer flag project! (I am eager to sew an actual one... hopefully soon'ish.) Are you familiar with it? Essentially you create a banner for a particular cause/prayer and hang it outside. As it flutters in the breeze, the prayers of our heart are sent upward to our faithful God. My goal is to create one per month next year for 12 people/organizations in need. 

For my card, I chose two of my favorite sentiments from this set to encourage the recipients to grow ever closer to the One who can heal the precious child. They are cut out with the coordinating Tiny Tags metal dies and strung with Cherry Red traditional twine.


The exterior is decorated with rhinestones as Christmas lights and the windows are backed with festive scenes. Naturally my sweet little house is overflowing with love, evidenced by the heart-shaped puffs of smoke from the chimney.

For more details about my card, please flutter on over to my blog! Thank you for visiting My Craft Spot and I wish you a blessed day! :o)

8 comments:

  1. Absolutley stunning is Karens card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! All of the details are just amazing such a beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so absolutely gorgeous, Karen!! I love the heartwarming scene you've created!! The details and design are stunning!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is absolutely Fabulous, fun and one outstanding creative job!
    I love the scene you created you definitely are one super talented gal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and I love the prayer flag, I have not heard of that. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card with a wonderful scene.LOVE this!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips