Saturday, November 15, 2014

Guest Designer - Sue!

 
Hi, Sue from Sue's Paper Crafts here. I am so honored to be a Guest Designer for a day today here at My Craft Spot .

With Thanksgiving just around the corner I chose the, "Happy Thanksgiving" stamp set to play with. When the set arrived I couldn't stop at the 2 projects that Kimberly requested, I wanted to showcase as many of these wonderful stamps as I could.



 I used 3 of the stamps for the invitation, "Sharing the Harvest", "What's Cooking" and "May the Bounty of the Season Fill Your Heart and Home". I cut the turkey with my Cricut and My Community cartridge.  The turkey's background is cut from a piece of paper I embossed using my eBosser and the Swirltangle embossing folder.  I used foam adhesive to adhere the turkey to the background.


I stamped the sentiments on vellum and embossed them with gold embossing powder, then I backed them with a piece of cream paper that had been sprayed with some Tattered Angels - Coffee Shop and adhered them to the card with foam pads.

I used the 3rd stamp on the inside and printed the event using my printer and Photoshop.

Added a few Imaginisce jewels and a piece of twine to finish it off. 

For my second card I wanted to use the, "Falling For You" stamp, it goes perfectly with my falling leaves paper.


I started with a Kraft base for my card, added the falling leaf paper, stamped the sentiment on Kraft paper then layered it with a piece of red/rust and put a piece of burlap behind it. I punched a few leaves with some very thin craft metal and a couple of sequins on the upper corner. I also added some twine and a button.

My third card is a, "Happy Thanksgiving" card.


The card base is a mustard color, I layered it with a piece with Thanksgiving and fall type decorations, added a piece of ribbon and my bling swirl is from Zva Creative, "Happy Thanksgiving" stamp and some Imaginisce bling.
 
 My 4th card was a bit of a challenge.  I had received a card from a pen pal and wanted to copy it because I like the design. After she sent me the basic measurements I went to work making an SVG. I need to tweak my SVG a bit but I'm fairly happy with the results.


Folded Card
I did my SVG cut, added some fall color printed paper to the "flip" part and a piece of Zva Bling.


Open Card

I stamped the back ground for my top layer with the, "So Blessed to Have You in my Life" stamp and added some gold Stickles. Stamped the, "When I Count my Blessings I Count You Twice" stamp and layered it onto a piece of burlap.

The sentiments in this set are so perfect that the cards pretty much make themselves.

I want to thank Kimberly for having me today. I would really love to do this again. Please stop by My Craft Spot's online store and see what she has to offer.


Visit my blog





3 comments:

  1. LOVE your GORGEOUS cards Sue. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sue, all of your cards are absolutely gorgeous!! You showcased the Happy Thanksgiving stamp set perfectly!! I love the designs and papers you used!! Awesome job!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you made an abundance of beautiful creations! Each project is lovely and indeed perfect for this season of Thanks. The colors and designs are so pretty! Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot! You showcased this set wonderfully. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips