Wednesday, December 3, 2014

DT Post by Karen - May your day be filled with happiness . . .


Hello, crafty friends! This is Karen from Kaleidoscopic Sparkles, fluttering in to share a friendship gift box! :o)

Like many of you, I am ecstatic that Kimberly is delving into SVGs! The Present Box cut file is fantastic and the options with it are endless. Ever since I made a Christmas one, I've been antsy to create a non-holiday version. One reason I love this file is that it can be used for any occasion... or just because. :o)

The purpose of this one is to celebrate friendship! I am blessed with an especially lovely friend and I used some of my favorite My Craft Spot products to design her a box of happiness.


She treasures nature, so frolicking around the box are butterflies from the Jar Full of Flowers stamp set. I colored them with Copics in blues and purples, fussy-cut them out, and sprinkled the wings with Glamour Dust.


The sweet sentiment is from Stamping All Around Spring, which I cut out with the coordinating Tiny Doilies metal dies and layered with one of the gorgeous Tiny Doilies 2 metal dies. The shapes in that set are so beautiful and I always enjoy an opportunity to use one.


The big poofy bow that comes with this cut file is spectacular and I love adding a little surprise to its center. Since the theme of my project is ever-blossoming friendship, I tucked in a rose and placed the tiniest butterfly atop it. She's my special messenger to wish my friend joy every day. :o) (I truly am this sappy.)


For more details about my project, hop on over to my blog! Thank you for visiting My Craft Spot today and have a blessed day! :o)


10% off everything in the store
Includes sale items!

Click HERE to go shopping

 You must enter through the above link to get this discount or enter the following html in your browser:  


5 comments:

  1. This box is just gorgeous and feminine. The papers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just absolutely stunning, Karen!! The papers are amazing!! All of the details are perfect!! You showcased Kimberly's awesome file to perfection!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, this is just stunning!!!! I love the blues and it really makes it an elegant show piece! Wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips