Tuesday, January 6, 2015

DT Post by Karen - Gorgeous Butterfly shape card!


Hello, dear friends! This is Karen from Kaleidoscopic Sparkles, fluttering in to share a whimsical shaped card with you!

One of the many things I've always loved about Kimberly's products is that they inspire a journey. They're never something I squeeze in at the end of a project to complete it... rather, they are the beginning and encourage a heartfelt vision all on their own.

Today's crafty adventure features the fabulous Postage Stamps set, which is versatile and fun! (As I type this, there are still a few available for purchase.)


There are so many beautiful sentiment choices on this set, but I naturally gravitated to LOVE for my butterfly shaped card. Extra love is tucked within the wings, where tiny purple hearts guide this special messenger.


I layered two postage stamps to double up on love, as this butterfly has a heart as big as Kimberly's. :o)


Everything on my stamp is included in the set. The faded script background was first stamped on a scrap paper to use up most of the ink, as I wanted it to look well-traveled. Above my sentiment are classic postage goodies, made sweeter by Kimberly's circular options. (I forgot to stamp the actual circle around just for you, but of course she didn't neglect such a detail!) The bottom border is one of several available to add extra touches of beauty.

The stamps were cut out with the coordinating Postage Stamp Metal Dies and tucked within flourishing blossoms of love. ♥ To include a message on a pretty tag, a pocket is added to the back of the butterfly... enabling this to sit out as a home decor piece, if desired.


For further information about my card, flutter on over to my blog. :o) Thank you for visiting My Craft Spot and have a blessed day! 

9 comments:

  1. Karen, this card is just beautiful! I have to agree with you about Kimberly's stamps. They often inspired me as well for many of my projects. She has such an eye for fonts and composition! I'm sad that her shop is closing, but I deeply respect her reasons why. Thank you for all the inspiration you have shared, Karen. You are very talented and have such a loving soul! I have truly appreciated you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card, love the dp, flower sprays and the gorgeous butterfly die cut! Lovely! Ann Marie (my eclectic spirit)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG This IS the most Gorgeous Card I've ever seen!! WOW it literally took my breath away...WOW You did one Unbelievably outstanding creative job....& OMG Lucky so LUCKY person who receives it....and girl your card deserves to be displayed 24/7/365,,,, WOW YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning!! I could just stare at it all day!! Wow, every single detail is perfect!! Gorgeous, gorgeous card, Karen!! I love it!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Karen! Great details and beautiful papers!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous creation!!!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ms Linda (swtanxiety94@yahoo.com)January 6, 2015 at 4:38 PM

    Gorgeous. Love butterflies and this one swept me off my feet. WOW. Paper selection perfect for theme. Thanks for the link to Sara's page. Will find it helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips