Thursday, July 14, 2016

And they lived happily ever after . . .


 It has been 1 1/2 years since I closed My Craft Spot store!!  Time flies!

Not sure if any of you are still out there reading my blog anymore, but I thought I would give you an update.  My youngest daughter is doing much better . . . healthier and happier. Yay!  I have enjoyed the extra time with my family! :)

My oldest son, Josh, just got married at the end of June to his sweetheart, Jessica. We love her very much! They are great together!  Here are some pictures:


Yes, she has the same name as my oldest daughter, Jessica.  It can get a little confusing when our family gathers. Ha ha ha.


Did you know that Shout makes wipes for stains on the go?  Just sayin' . . .  ;)


Isn't Jessica beautiful?!  


My youngest daughter, Natasha, was so excited to get to do Jessica's makeup.


Josh and Jessica started dating in High School and wrote letters for 2 years while he served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.



It didn't take long after he returned for them to decide they couldn't live without each other.


They had a 'donut cake' instead of a traditional wedding cake and it was delicious!

 

The only 'crafty' thing I did for this wedding was the vinyl saying on the back of their getaway car.  It is a silhouette file that I stretched to about 36".  If you can't tell from the picture, it says "and they lived happily ever after".

 

"Marriage - if you want something to last forever you treat it differently. You shield it and protect it. You never abuse it. You don't expose it to the elements. you don't make it common or ordinary. If it ever becomes tarnished, you lovingly polish it until it gleams like new. It becomes special because you have made it so, and it grows more beautiful and precious as time goes by." -F. Burton Howard
 
 

They were sealed for time and all eternity in the Payson Utah temple

 


. . . and my daughter, Brittany, is going to serve a 1 1/2 year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Arizona!  She is so excited! We will miss her a lot . . . 
  

It is bittersweet to watch your children grow up, leave the nest, and become the men and women that you always hoped they would become.  Life is good!!

18 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you Kimberly! So happy you are doing well and your daughter is feeling better. Congratulations to the happy couple. What gorgeous photos!!! They are such a lovely looking couple. You must be so proud. I sure do miss your blog and your beautiful creations but certainly understand that family comes first.
    Take care,
    Hugs
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It is hard to believe it has been that long already! I still use and LOVE your stamps. They are my favorite go-to's :) Congratulations on the wedding! It looks like it was a beautiful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats
    I wish them all the best
    all fotos are devine like them
    hugs to all Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on all the good things that have come your way Kimberly! It's funny, but just yesterday I happened upon one of the My Craft Spot stamps that I have and wondered how you were doing. I'm happy to hear that life has been good for you and your family. I even got a chuckle out of your son's wife having the same name as your daughter because we had that in our family as well. Not only was my name Karen, but my sister-in-law was also Karen...and we had the same last names. Thanks for posting these beautiful photos and best wishes for all that comes ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the wedding!!! So nice to hear from you again, glad that your family is thriving. Family always must come first. I still love all your products and use them regularly. So, the answer to your question is yes we are still out here and think of you often. bawainright@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kimberly!! Congratulations on your son's wedding!! What gorgeous pictures!! They make such a beautiful couple!! I'm so glad your youngest daughter is doing much better!! I can't believe it's been a year and a half!! I still love and use your stamps and dies so much!! I hope you have a fabulous summer!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful to hear that everyone is doing fine. Like the bee-utiful photos. I use the My Craft Spot Tiny Tags Christmas a lot. Have a Bee-utiful day!
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks wonderful!! So happy to see life is going so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kimberly, So glad to see a post from you! I think of you often and hope you and your family are doing well. I am so happy your daughter is doing better. Congratulations to your son and beautiful daughter in law. What gorgeous pictures! So happy for your family! I love your window cling...glad you have had a little time to get crafty. I miss your fabulous creations! I still have my fingers crossed you will be back?!
    Hugs and again...congrats to your family!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you're doing well and your daughter is feeling better. Congratulations to the happy couple. I can't believe it's been 1 1/2 years already. Still your dies all the time and love them! Love, love the donut cake :-)
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the addition to your family. They are a beautiful couple. I understand- you are so proud to see them grow into wonderful adults- but miss them so as they leave. We miss them so very much. Wishing your entire family the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet couple !!! Congratulations , Kimberly !! I know you are proud of all your children !! So happy to see you posting !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww Kimberly so good to hear about the family! I am so glad your daughter is doing better! What a cute couple and the donut cake is so clever and fun! Still using your stamps and loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Kimberly!! It's SO wonderfully good to hear from you and to get this exciting update on your family! We've been away on holiday and I was thrilled to see TWO notifications from My Craft Spot in my inbox.

    The wedding looks like it was absolutely beautiful and the couple (and your entire family!) look so happy. I LOVE that donut cake too! What a fun idea!

    Your vinyl looks fabulous as well. Such a fun way to decorate the car for the special couple.

    I think of you often and miss my days of designing for you. I'm so thankful for the opportunities and support you gave me - and thankful that you were able to take the necessary step needed to ensure your daughter and family were priority.

    It's such a joy to hear from you! Please continue to post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for all of your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Kimberly, I am just now seeing this as I was away! What a joy to see this post from you. You are in my thoughts so very often and I am thrilled to hear all is going well for you. Congratulations to your son and his beautiful bride.. a love story that will always rise above all. :o) Sending endless love and hugs to you and your precious family. May God continue to abundantly bless you. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, what a beautiful wedding. I really enjoyed looking at the pictures and hearing from you, again. Congratulations!! I still miss your blog and your wonderful inspirations.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips