Monday, September 26, 2016

Haunted house treat boxes


Hello, my crafty friends!  Be ready for picture overload on this post!  I made these fun treat boxes using the 3D haunted house treat box from the Silhouette Design store. 

 

These were so fun and easy to make!  I might have to whip up a few more to give to fiends and my son's teacher.  

 

The bat, spider and fence are part of this cut file from silhouette, but the window frames I made in Silhouette Studio Designer Edition using rectangles.  I sized the outer rectangle so it was just slightly bigger than the window and the small inner rectangles slightly smaller so nothing would show from underneath.  It only took 2 minutes and was worth it.

 

This cute little ghost is from one of my retired metal die cut sets.  I put some dimensional foam behind the ghost and stuck him in the window frame.

 

I also used a hole punch to make the door knob.

 

I, of course, inked all of the edges of each piece on both boxes and I curled the roof pieces around a pencil.  The black and white stripe I curled just right and the green roof I had to flatten a little after the photos, but you get the idea.

 

The spider web under the roof is from one of my retired metal die sets,

 

Don't you love the crackly windows and the cat's eyes?!  They turned out better than I imagined, which is always fun.  I covered my window with Crackle Accents from Ranger and then glued the window frames on after it had dried.  I added green to the cat's eyes with a marker and then covered them with Crackle accents.  I used regular Glossy Accents for the door knob.

 

I cut the ghost from a slightly patterned paper and inked the edges with black ink.

 

The joy of creating is being able to share with someone!  These seem just the right size to hold a big handful of candy.  :)

 

Have a happy day!


8 comments:

  1. Your haunted house treat boxes are so spooky cute!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was wondering if you still had the Batty for You and Halloween Potions stamps sets available? Thanks Love the treat box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am out of the Halloween Potions stamp sets. Sorry!

      Delete
  3. These are FABULOUS, Kimberly!! I love all the little details, like the Crackle Accents on the windows. What a great touch! The little extras from your die sets are perfect additions to the houses too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! These are fantastic!! You decorated them just adorable~love the amazing details Kimberly!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips